[Flac-users] Verify Failures

Curt Sampson cjs at cynic.net
Tue May 27 05:30:05 PDT 2003

So I'm getting errors like the appended one for about one out of every
four CDs I encode. If I delete the half-created flac file and try again,
it works the second time. Is flac non-deterministic? Or do I have some
serious problems here?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs at cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org

flac 1.1.0, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003 Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

BushKate_LionHeart.bin: 55% complete, ratio=0.537
BushKate_LionHeart.bin: ERROR during encoding
                        state = 2:FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_VERIFY_MISMATCH_IN_AUDIO_DATA

BushKate_LionHeart.bin: ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!
       Absolute sample=53767536, frame=11668, channel=1, sample=1392, expected 1024, got 1040
       Please submit a bug report to
           http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=addbug&group_id=13478
       Make sure to include an email contact in the comment and/or use the
       "Monitor" feature to monitor the bug status.
Verify FAILED!  Do not trust BushKate_LionHeart.flac