[flac] Differing RIFF Lengths

J C Fitzgerald v7022 at wave.co.nz
Sat Jun 28 00:17:38 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Why is it that sometimes when I encode a .wav file then decode it again
the length of the generated file is 2 bytes shorter than the length of
the source file?

The discrepancy in length occurs in the header and the remainder of the
data from there on is identical.  It seems to me that what appear to be
length fields in the header is adjusted appropriately.

I suspect that this is not a problem, but it makes using 'cmp' to prove
that FLAC works for me difficult.

I've attached the two headers if anyone's interested.

Any ideas?

John Fitzgerald