[Flac-users] osx 1.0.4

Wagner One wagner at wagnerone.com
Fri Oct 18 17:38:03 PDT 2002

On 10/18/2002 7:29 PM, Josh Coalson wrote:

> --- Wagner One <wagner at wagnerone.com> wrote:

>>> not sure about this one.

>>> list subchunks in wave files are not stored.  you probably don't need them
>>> anyway, they're metadata not audio.
>>>
>> thanks, josh.
>>
>> i posted without including some obviously useful information...
>>
>> os: osx 10.2.1
>> fink: latest cvs build
>> apple dev tools: latest (july w/ august patch)
>>
>> i attempted to build flac-1.0.4 via the ./configure; make method. i did not
>> notice any glaring compile time errors and ended up with binaries. those
>> binaries returned, simply "Bus Error" each time I attempted to compress a wav
>> file.
>>
>> Any other information I can provide, I'd be happy to. I'm going to attempt a
>> compile using the osx compile instructions in the readme as soon as i have a
>> chance.
>
> did anything from 'make check' pass?

Nope. Just tried that. It appears to pass everything up to this (which I
believe is where disk I/o begins?):

Generating stream...

flac 1.0.4, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002 Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for
details.

././test_metaflac.sh: line 43: 11820 Bus error               flac --verify
-0 --output-name=$flacfile --force-raw-format --endian=big --sign=signed
--channels=1 --bps=8 --sample-rate=44100 $inputfile
ERROR during generation
FAIL: ./test_metaflac.sh
Generating streams...
Checking for --ogg support in flac...
flac --ogg doesn't work
Generating multiple input files from noise...
Testing multiple files without verify...

flac 1.0.4, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002 Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for
details.

././test_streams.sh: line 16: 11897 Bus error               flac
$encode_options file0.wav file1.wav file2.wav
ERROR
FAIL: ./test_streams.sh
2 of 4 tests failed
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

--
wagner at wagnerone.com - www.wagnerone.com - www.bluegrassbox.com
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso