[Flac-users] WinAmp PlugIn and Ogg framing.

Alejandro G. Belluscio baldusi at uol.com.ar
Fri Oct 18 14:34:02 PDT 2002

Hello flac-users,

  I'm trying to play an ogg flac file in WinAmp 2.80 but I get
  nothing. I'm using the native Vorbis plugin and the shipped FLAC
  1.04 plugin. I guess it's a conflict regarding which plugin "owns"
  the ogg extension or format. I'm not sure. But I wanted to know how
  good the ogg framing was. But I couldn't test it because metaflac
  doesn't recognices the ogg file as a flac file (which may be
  reasonable) and vorbiscomment doesn't recognice an ogg flac as a
  vorbis file (which is expected). So basically I have this orphaned
  ogg flac file which I'm not sure what to do with. Is this an interim
  situation until theora releases their mux/demux library or is simply
  that ogg flac is a feature that's there "because we can"?

Best regards,
 Alejandro Belluscio