[Flac-users] osx 1.0.4

Wagner One wagner at wagnerone.com
Fri Oct 18 11:15:02 PDT 2002

On 10/18/2002 12:50 PM, Josh Coalson wrote:

>> i configured and built 1.0.4 in osx 10.2. seemed to build fine, but each time
>> i attemped to use the newly compiled flac binary I received this error
>>
>> "bus error"
>
> not sure about this one.
>
>> i nabbed the binaries for 1.0.3 and, each time i use flac to compress
>> something in tests, i receive this error when it is done compressing a file:
>>
>> "WARNING: skipping unknown sub-chunk 'LIST'"
>
> list subchunks in wave files are not stored.  you probably don't need them
> anyway, they're metadata not audio.

thanks, josh.

i posted without including some obviously useful information...

os: osx 10.2.1
fink: latest cvs build
apple dev tools: latest (july w/ august patch)

i attempted to build flac-1.0.4 via the ./configure; make method. i did not
notice any glaring compile time errors and ended up with binaries. those
binaries returned, simply "Bus Error" each time I attempted to compress a
wav file.

Any other information I can provide, I'd be happy to. I'm going to attempt a
compile using the osx compile instructions in the readme as soon as i have a
chance.

thanks,
mike

--
wagner at wagnerone.com - www.wagnerone.com - www.bluegrassbox.com
"So there I was, Naked, in the refrigerator, smoking a cigarette with a