[Flac-users] directing flac -t output to a file

David W. Tamkin dattier at panix.com
Wed Dec 4 23:18:02 PST 2002

This may be more a question about the pseudo-DOS command line than about flac
itself, but at this point I don't really know.

How can one direct the output of  flac -t  to a file instead of the screen?
Often I'd like to verify a large number of flac files, and Speek's front-end
is very good for writing up the batch file for that (flac -t itself doesn't
seem to expand wildcards on the command line), but unless I sit glued to the
monitor and watch the output, the results scroll off to be lost forever, and
if I'm not watching when flac reports that a file doesn't verify properly (or
before the next two files are finished), I won't know about it.  It would be
much easier if the output could be directed to a .txt file.

My attempts to use "> file" and ">> file" have done nothing, even in
conjunction with the -c option.  Is there a counterpart to the Bourne shell's
"2>file"?

Thanks.