[Flac-users] libflac memory requirements?

Dave Flowerday davidf at pier13.com
Thu Aug 15 20:51:02 PDT 2002

Hello,
Can someone give me an idea of the memory requirements for using libFLAC?
I'm trying to incorporate FLAC support into a player application for the
Rio Receiver (see http://rioreceiver.comms.net for details), but I'm
having trouble because FLAC__stream_decoder_new() is attempting to
allocate 2099828 bytes for an instance of the FLAC__StreamDecoderPrivate
struct.  Is this accurate, or is there something wrong with my setup?
I'm hoping I just have something configured wrong, because this device
only has 4 megs of memory and no swap, so allocating 2+ megs isn't going
to work so well.  Thanks in advance for your help!

	-Dave