[Flac-users] Re: [Flac-announce] Winamp not in default directory

Mike Wren mikew at etree.org
Sun Aug 11 01:00:02 PDT 2002

Yup... I troubleshooted this with Chris already... seems he didn't
actually install Winamp, but just created a shortcut to winamp.exe to
launch the program.  This means that there is no winamp info in the
Windows registry, thus, the installer doesn't think winamp is installed,
and it skips the Winamp plugin install.  Even if I had the installer check
the default install location (\program files\winamp\plugins\) it wouldn't
have helped in this case  :\

The resolution is to actually install winamp, reboot, then run the flac
installer (again).

MW