[Flac-users] FLAC/LPAC/Bzip2 better for archival?

linuxrulesusa at netscape.net linuxrulesusa at netscape.net
Tue Apr 9 21:29:03 PDT 2002

Hi.  I am a student with limited funds and storage space on my linux box.  So I am trying to decide what audio compression scheme to use for my collection of audio tapes (recordings of one speaker, preaching in an church auditorium, recorded with low-grade mics and tape decks) converted to digital audio (16bit, stereo, WAV, 44100Hz).  Is FLAC, LPAC, or a standard data compression format better for compressing this type of audio for long-term storage/archival purposes?  Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Dan