[flac-dev] Strange behaviour --UPDATE--

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 07:25:45 UTC 2023

Hi Federico,

It seems reasonable to assume you've converted the file with Audacity the
first time around. Audacity doesn't store foreign metadata, it converts
part of it and ignores the rest. More specifically, it reads the tags from
the WAV file and stores it as Vorbis comments in the FLAC file. There is no
way FLAC can restore the original metadata, because part of it is lost.

The flac command line tool, when used with the keep foreign metadata
option, does not do any translation, it stores and restores the metadata.

Considering the error message of 1.4.3, that should be improved yes.

Kind regards, Martijn van Beurden

Op wo 18 okt 2023 om 00:12 schreef Federico Miyara <fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar