[flac-dev] Disable all checksum verification in flac/metaflac

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 05:22:32 UTC 2023

Hi,

Is it possible for you to compile flac/metaflac yourself? Then you'll only
need to remove a few lines, namely these 4:
https://github.com/xiph/flac/blob/28e4f0528c76b296c561e922ba67d43751990599/src/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c#L2118-L2121
and these 7:
https://github.com/xiph/flac/blob/28e4f0528c76b296c561e922ba67d43751990599/src/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c#L2141-L2147
As you can see these lines are also disabled on fuzzing.

I think providing an API function and flac+metaflac command line option is
going to be confusing and they will probably be misused. A compile time
option might be possible though, libogg provides that too.

Kind regards,

Martijn van Beurden