[flac-dev] Calling libFLAC from Java

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 06:10:53 UTC 2023

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for reaching out. The links page on the FLAC website needs some
pruning. I'm afraid there are a lot of dead links there. I can include
your effort here as a library wrapper though:
https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/wiki/Implementations

Anyway, nice to see that libFLAC can be used for Java. As far as I am
aware, libFLAC was only available for Java through Exoplayer, and I'm
not sure whether that works outside of an Android environment. There
is a native FLAC encoder and decoder implementation though:
https://github.com/nayuki/FLAC-library-Java That might not be as
feature complete as libFLAC though, I haven't tried.

Kind regards, Martijn van Beurden