[flac-dev] 1.4.0 release candidate

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 05:32:46 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Current git state (last commit fuzzer: Do not add corrupt vorbiscomment
metadata block, 5d1402e) can be considered a release candidate for FLAC
1.4.0. I do have plans to restructure (and remove most of) the
documentation (see https://github.com/xiph/flac/pull/411), update the
changelog, the version number, release date and AUTHORS file, but plan no
more changes to the actual code except when something comes up.

I invite anyone interested to build from git, run the test suite and report
back any problems. Comparisons of compression and speed between current git
and 1.3.4 are also welcome.

Kind regards, Martijn van Beurden