[flac-dev] Build systems to keep

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:14:56 UTC 2022

Op ma 2 mei 2022 om 06:50 schreef Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com>:
> So I would suggest that making a new release dropping everything except
> cmake is the best way to maintain this.

I think there is no harm in maintaining two build systems, it's just
that four is a bit much. There's always one that's forgotten, usually
the Makefile.lite or vcxproj files. I think having both CMake and
autotools has its benefits. I personally like the ease of
cross-compiling with the autotools build system, and make distcheck
seems to have no equal in CMake. The autotools suite on the other hand
can only create Makefiles.