[flac-dev] slow on apple silicon?

Robert Kausch robert.kausch at freac.org
Fri Jul 8 12:16:33 UTC 2022

Am 08.07.2022 um 09:26 schrieb Martijn van Beurden:
> Op wo 6 jul. 2022 om 22:09 schreef Scott Brown <scottcbrown at gmail.com>:
>
>     Same list of cputype errors
>

> It doesn't seem to be obvious where the problem lies, and I do not
> have access to ARM-powered Mac hardware (nor any Mac hardware for that
> matter) so I am unable to debug this. Anyone else?
Just tried to create an aarch64 Mac build and succeeded with the current
master.

@Scott Brown, I think the build issue you have is due to not setting
CXXFLAGS="-arch arm64" in addition to your CFLAGS and LDFLAGS. Because
of that, the C++ sources are built for x86-64 and then cannot link to
the aarch64 FLAC library.

I also had to configure with "--host=aarch64-apple-darwin", but if you
are building on an Apple Silicon Mac that should not be necessary.

----
Robert Kausch
robert.kausch at freac.org