[flac-dev] Image data in metadata modified during write?

Andy Hawkins andy at gently.org.uk
Tue Dec 6 22:12:11 UTC 2022

Hi.

In article <CADQbU6-2AE_Qwo6+D9qTQS_b53w+jnxUZ8o+=UCYa=VDVPf_Mg at mail.gmail.com>,
           Martijn van Beurden<mvanb1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know FLAC should not change image data. Could you find out
> which specific bytes differ, and whether this is consistent with
> different PNG files?

I think I got to the bottom of this. The bit of the image that's changing is
the timestamp in the header (the tIME chunk). This makes sense as when I
retrieve the image and resize it, I suspect the library that does the
resizing it writing a new timestamp in there.

Apologies for the noise, I think blaming it on the FLAC++ library was a bit
premature. Sorry!

Andy