[flac-dev] Getting help with FLAC + MSVC

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Sat Jan 9 08:45:39 UTC 2021

Hi there - about 7 or 8 years ago I built libflac with MSVC using what
was then the current flac version (1.2.1). In those days, only 32-bit
compilation was supported for MSVC.

I'm just thinking about re-building as 64-bit - but a couple of those
older source files use the '__asm' keyword which MSVC doesn't support
any more (for 64-bit compilation). So I just wondered if that's still
the case in the latest code?

Also - are there any packages containing pre-built binaries with header
files (they're often called 'dev' libraries)?  I found a couple of
WinZip libraries but they just seem to contain exe's (called 'flac.exe'
and 'metaflac.exe').  I haven't tried running either of them as I'm not
quite sure what they'd do...  Thanks,

John