[flac-dev] Encoding wav to flac with seektable and subsequent seeking

Simon Giddings simon.giddings at irisa.fr
Tue Apr 6 12:05:43 UTC 2021

Good morning,

I am working for a university here in France and we need to be able to
compress a large audio corpus (780Mb).
I have seen that, with flac providing a lossless compression, that this
could be well suited.
My tests has shown we can reduce the file size to around to 320Mb.

We use this corpus to extract audio samples and build a new audio file.

I have seen that we can specify a seektable which would allow us to
identify where, in the original source corpus, the samples start from.

I am needing to use either libFLAC or libFLAC++ to create the flac file,
including the seektable and then, subsequently, be able to extract
specific sound samples at a later execution.

However, I have not been able to find any examples to guide me.

This is the first time that I am doing audio treatment, so can anyone
please help ?

Best regards
Simon Giddings