[flac-dev] Support for ultra-high sample rates?

Con Kolivas kernel at kolivas.org
Thu Jun 25 23:23:24 UTC 2020

Progress. A simple hack to allow bitrates above 655350 seemed to work
fine for encoding, and the standard reference decoder library decoded
it fine. I'm not sure then in the documentation why it says "the
maximum sample rate is limited by the structure of frame headers to
655350Hz". Perhaps this breaks something elsewhere but the attached
simple patch is working perfectly fine for my use case here! Can
anyone see a reason this might break something elsewhere and couldn't
be incorporated?

Thanks,
Con