[flac-dev] libFLAC optimizations request

Gabriel Corneanu gabrielcorneanu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 14:23:17 UTC 2018

The problem is really as I wrote:
1. Metaflac is no option for me, I use libFLAC.dll
2. There is no way (at least how I read the code) to avoid saving
comment with libFLAC; I would appreciate an extra option to avoid it,
which can default to old behavior if compatibility is important.
3. I have a high speed application, where re-initializing an encoder
is really significant. On corner cases it causes an 25% overhead! Of
course I don't expect it to be that significant in normal cases.

Thanks for all replies, but I don't have the code at home.
I will create a patch with my changes for review.

Regards,
Gabriel