[flac-dev] Any way to suppress VORBIS_COMMENT (or at least the vendor string)?

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at berkeley.edu
Tue May 30 18:01:40 UTC 2017

I am encoding 12000-channel instrument data using the FLAC library,
which works exceptionally well. However, as a result of the very large
number of channels and the small recording length (~18k samples per
channel), I am encoding all the channels separately and the "reference
libFLAC X.Y.Z YYYYMMDD" string ends up being more than 10% of the
compressed data. Is there any way to remove it? I could not find any
obvious path to do this in the standard API.
-Nathan