[flac-dev] metaflac crashes adding cuesheet

James jamesqf at charter.net
Mon Jan 23 04:49:51 UTC 2017

(Apologies if I'm in the wrong place for this...)

I'm trying to use the abcde program to archive CDs to flac files.
(Each CD to 1 file, and ultimately multi-disk performances to 1
file.)  It extracts the audio to a .flac file and creates a cue
sheet with track names & locations.  However, when it tries to
run metaflac with the --import-cuesheet-from option, it core
dumps.

I'm using the latest version (1.3.2), which I downloaded & compiled
myself. I've tried to run gdb on the core file, but just get a message
about using zypper to download separate debug info, but when I
try to run the specified command, it says the info doesn't exits.
I'm running OpenSUSE 42.2.

I have compiled everything with the --enable-debug flag, but I
can't figure out where to run metaflac from to pick up the source.

Any help would be appreciated.  If there isn't something obvious
that I'm doing wrong, I can dig into debugging the code, but it'd
be nice to have some idea of where to start.

Thanks,
James