[flac-dev] unsigned int and FLAC__uint32 are used interchangeably

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 09:53:29 UTC 2017

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Not all of them *needed( converting, but afaiac this makes the code
> base better. I never liked the way the original C standard allowed
> the use of `unsigned` alone as type.

These recent updates broke MSVC 2005 (and probably 2008) builds
because they don't have <stdint.h> and all these [u]intNN_t types.

A possible solution is to move their definition from share/compat.h
into FLAC/ordinals.h. After all, this file already has this ifdef:

     #if defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER < 1600

...and also to revert back src\share\getopt\getopt.c. After all,
its coding style is EXTREMELY old and imho it won't benefit
much from 'unsigned int' -> 'uint32_t' replacement.