[flac-dev] FLAC standardization in the IETF

Tessa Fallon tessa.fallon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 01:49:39 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm writing in my capacity as co-chair of the CELLAR working group of the
IETF, which is tasked with the standardization of the FLAC specification.
I posted about the initial creation of the working group in 2015, and I am
wondering if any of the developers on this list are also subscribed to the
IETF CELLAR list (
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=cellar).

At the current time, the discussion of how to begin the standardization
process for FLAC is underway, and I want to be sure that there is
communication between this list and the CELLAR list.  I also encourage
flac-dev members who have not already done so to participate in the CELLAR
standardization process via the mailing list (all IETF work takes place on
the mailing list--there is no need to attend in person meetings, and no
membership fee or registration process).

Best wishes,

Tessa Fallon
Co-chair, CELLAR
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cellar/charter/