[flac-dev] FLAC__SSE_OS change

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:02:56 UTC 2016

Martin Leese wrote:

> lvqcl wrote:
>> P.S. I wonder what's the point to test OS SSE support in 2016? I believe that
>> users of Windows 95 and Windows NT4 don't expect new software to work on their OSes.
>
> I do (although I am often disappointed).

There are developers that still support such OSes. For example,
XMPlay still works on Win95 and NT (at least that's written in
its readme file).
On the other hand foobar2000 requires at least XP SP2, and
I suspect that fb2k is more popular than XMPlay.

(AIMP and MusicBee now officially require Vista+).