[flac-dev] Lets do a 1.3.2 release

Evan Ramos hendricks266 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:31:50 PST 2016

Currently, using the Makefile.lite build system with MinGW-w64 will
produce a libFLAC.a that depends on libwin_utf8_io.a. Without it, a
project building with just libFLAC.a will generate undefined reference
errors at link time.

metadata_iterators.c: fopen_utf8, chmod_utf8, utime_utf8,
_stat64_utf8, unlink_utf8, rename_utf8
stream_decoder.c: fopen_utf8

I don't think libFLAC.a should depend on another library built
alongside it, much less one with only one object. Given that all other
targets in the build system depend on libFLAC anyway, would it make
sense to move win_utf8_io.c from src/share/win_utf8_io/ to
src/libFLAC/? If so, I can provide a patch that does this.

Best,
Evan