[flac-dev] Lets do a 1.3.2 release

MauritsVB mauritsvb at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 8 04:04:46 PST 2016

Great stuff!

For the checklist, can I suggest you also make sure all resulting FLAC files are encoded with the new date in their encoder string?

As for the changelog, I have kept track of those changes that might be more interesting for end-users and developers using the format (so no build-system improvements for instance). Now, I’d be the first to admit that I haven’t always been paying attention so you are probably better positioned to decide what I’ve missed and what shouldn’t make the cut. These were on my list that I believe you haven’t covered yet:

Changed the LPC order guess for a slight compression improvement, particularly for classical music
http://git.xiph.org/?p=flac.git;a=commit;h=c97e057ee57d552a3ccad2d12e29b5969d04be97

Improved encoding speed on older Intel CPUs
https://git.xiph.org/?p=flac.git;a=commitdiff;h=ac0b4b4cab42fdd5c010bac85bf4e63f49647e69

libFLAC: Support 64bit brword/bwword allowing FLAC__BYTES_PER_WORD to be set to 8. This is disabled by
default.

libFLAC: Fix potential memory leaks
https://git.xiph.org/?p=flac.git;a=commit;h=15a9062609c123b56df104a575dba657c2577e0b

Fixed a segmentation fault in libFLAC
http://sourceforge.net/p/flac/bugs/425/

Put an upper bound on the number of seek points
https://git.xiph.org/?p=flac.git;a=commitdiff;h=033af7bf1cd035772a199d07342038619c019993

Thanks,
Maurits