[flac-dev] Performance tests

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:22:20 PST 2016

Op 02-02-16 om 16:54 schreef lvqcl:
> BTW, 64-bit flac can benefit from 64-bit words in
> bitreader/bitwriter routines. Currently it requires
> --enable-64-bit-words switch in ./configure parameters. It
> would be interesting to test its effect, especially on ARM.

Okay, I might test that as well.

I've checked performance with the brand new laptop my employer
gave me, which is why it runs Windows. There is no change
between current git and 1.3.1, so I did a check with AVX
disabled to check whether AVX is still faster (I suppose some
SSE routines have been sped up?) and it indeed is.

Results are here:
http://www.audiograaf.nl/misc_stuff/Comparison on 64-bit Windows
(2014 Intel, AVX2).pdf