[flac-dev] 1.3.2 News announcement

MauritsVB mauritsvb at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 8 18:15:54 UTC 2016

If I recall correctly, with the release of 1.3.1 there were a few days between the version being released and the News and Changelog appearing on the site. This caused a number of sites to report the release without mentioning all the improvements in the update.

Can I suggest that this time we publish the Changelog and News update immediately after uploading the final version? The Changelog is done (unless someone still has some suggested changes?), how about the following text announcement for the news page?

“Over two years of development have culminated in a new release. FLAC 1.3.2 improves encoding speed on older CPUs, provides a slightly better compression and contains a lot of build improvements, small bug fixes and code cleanups. See the changelog [url=https://xiph.org/flac/changelog.html] for more details.”

Thanks,
Maurits