[flac-dev] Seek failure with very short files

Luke Bradford lbradford at izotope.com
Wed Dec 7 18:58:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for the slow reply. I've created
a small OS X example project
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8vFUUth7NpvRFI0MmI2bVJNNEU/view?usp=sharing>
that reproduces the issue. (I've run into the size limit for emails on this
list so I've put it on Google Drive.) The program just initializes a
libFLAC++ stream decoder for a given file and attempts to seek to frame 0.
All I've done to the libFLAC code is add a few print statements that make
it clear where the failure is happening. The file 'fails.flac' demonstrates
the issue. The file 'succeeds.flac' is in the same format but can seek
successfully to 0.

I'm running Xcode 8.1 on OS X 10.11.6. We have also seen this issue on iOS.

Please let me know if you need any further information (or if anything is
wrong with this example), and thanks again!

--
Luke Bradford
Senior Software Engineer
luke at izotope.com