[flac-dev] WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK is not described

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Jul 24 19:10:14 PDT 2015

Thanks to both Federico and lvqcl for the
ITU-R Recommendations and other links.  It
will take me a few days to download and digest
them.

Federico Miyara wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Are you sure you are looking for ITU-R BR./138/?

No, not sure.  I used the search function on
the ITU-R Recommendations website and also
searched Google for various combinations of
"ITU-R channel order assignment".  I only
found one link that mentioned a specific ITU-R
Recommendation.  This was a post to an
Adobe forum and, as it appeared to be from
an Adobe employee, I thought it must be good :-)
The link was:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1590543

and the post reads in part:
   "Update:
    We have just released the AME 8.1 update. With this update, the
5.1 channel order has been changed as follow.  This change was done in
order to adhere to ITU-R BR.138."

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org