[flac-dev] Max Sample Rate FLAC

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:17:31 PST 2015

Hi,

I don't know whether there is any software that supports this,
but I suppose this is a specialty application that is not
related to audio. The samplerate is in the end only metadata
necessary to play back the audio, seeing that this is probably
not audio anyway, why not set it to a random value and set the
real samplerate as a vorbiscomment? Or maybe divide the
samplerate by 1000 (so a 2.4MHz stream would have a set
samplerate of 2.4kHz)

As long as you have a specific set of tools or a closed library
(with a comment or notice somewhere for the user) that warns the
user about this, it should work perfectly.

Hope this helps