[flac-dev] error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fopen_utf8

Matthew Lindsay matt.linds at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:16:38 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get started with libFLAC++. I've built the static libs
libFLAC, libFLAC++ and libogg using VS2010 on windows 7. However when
I try build the example project "example_cpp_encode_file" I get a lot
of linker errors. I checked linker/input/additional dependencies and
added the paths for libFLAC, libFLAC++ and corrected the path for
libogg. Now I'm just getting one link error:

libFLAC_static.lib(stream_encoder.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol _fopen_utf8

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt