[flac-dev] Disk fragmentation

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 05:09:38 PDT 2014

> What small device do you have in mind? The smallest device I
> could possibly imagine *encoding* FLAC on is Rasberry Pi which
> has 512Meg of RAM.

Well, from the code it's clear that quite some effort was put
into making libFLAC usable on platforms that have no FPU, as
there is a integer-only define that actually works. I could
think of small handheld recorders like the Zoom H1 or something
like that to use FLAC.

On the other hand, devices with no FPU are usually embedded, and
embedded developers change some code anyway. Maybe it's a good
idea to just mention this in the README, under the "Note to
embedded developers", as something that can be removed without
problem?