[flac-dev] patch for win_utf8_io.c: vsnprintf_s vs. MinGW

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri Sep 19 00:29:21 PDT 2014

Declan Kelly wrote:

> I was using the userland definition of "support", where it's a 2-way
> thing. Minor changes in how the command-line encoder writes to stdout
> could be enough to break the frontends that use FLAC.EXE instead of the
> library, for example.
> That should be the frontend developer's problem, but the end user will
> only see "FLAC not working", and they will complain loudly about it on
> their chosen Web forum.

Changes to the flac executable command line behaviour are minor and
I would think exclusively additional functionality.

About a year ago we had the 1.3.0 release, the first official release
in over 5 years and as far as I am aware no third party front ends
were broken.

I suspect the same will be true of the next release.

Erik