[flac-dev] flac-1.3.1pre1

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Thu Nov 27 06:56:09 PST 2014

On Nov 26 17:24:38, mle+la at mega-nerd.com wrote:
> Jan Stary wrote:
>
> > Ha! If the final
> >
> > 	printf("%c", byte[bx]);
> >
> > is changed to
> >
> > 	printf("%d", byte[bx]);
> >
> > the results produced by mawk and awk are identical.
> > So the diference must be just that mawk printf's "%c" differently.
>
> Which version of mawk are you using? I've got 1.3.3 and with your
> proposed change, test_replaygain.sh fails.

mawk-1.3.4.20140914

But I don't have any proposed change;
in particular, I do not suggest to replace printf("%c", byte[bx]);
with printf("%d", byte[bx]); I just observe that the two sequences
of samples are identical as sequences of integers - they just differ
in the way they are printed out with AWK's printf("%c") as opposed
to MAWK's printf("%c").

I'll try to find time and look into it; this shouldn't be hard,
we just want to generate a sine wave portably.

	Jan