[flac-dev] flac-1.3.1pre1

MauritsVB mauritsvb at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 25 01:22:49 PST 2014

On 25 Nov 2014, at 08:43, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As people may have seen there's a pre-release here:
>
>    http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/flac/beta/
>
> Specifically:
>
>    flac-1.3.1pre1.tar.xz  : The source code
>    flac-1.3.1pre1-win.zip : Windows 32 and 64 bit binaries
>
> Please test.
>
> I'm particularly interested in hearing about the windows binaries
> which were cross compiled from Linux to Windows. Unfortunately
> there is a bug in Wine which prevents me from running either of
> the testsuites. Maybe someone on windows could grab the source
> and the binaries, build from source, copy the binaries into the
> built flac tree and then run the tests.
>
> Cheers,
> Erik

I seem to recall from 1.3.0 that there was an issue with the encoder string (for instance "reference LibFLAC 1.3.1 20141125"). I believe this is set at various locations which are also platform dependent and in 1.3.0 some places initially still contained the old version.

Unless this was simplified in the mean time and I missed that, it would be useful to test if the resulting flac files on the various platforms report the correct version.