[flac-dev] New release

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 00:47:10 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 02:44:00AM -0800, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> lvqcl wrote:
>
> > I have a couple of questions:
> >
> > 1) Do you plan to release 1.3.1 pre1, pre2 etc or just 1.3.1 w/o any pre-releases?
>
> I had not planned to do a pre-release.

FWIW, considering how much code has changed since 1.3.0, I'd rather
see the security bug fixed in a new 1.3.0 release, maybe with some
other serious bugs like the metaflac memory corruction, and have a
prerelease for 1.3.1 to test it thoroughly.

I know the new release is almost ready, but if some serious bug is
found in 1.3.1, a new release will have to be made anyway to not force
the users to the vulnerable version.

--
Miroslav Lichvar