[flac-dev] New release

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 03:14:44 PST 2014

Janne Hyvärinen wrote:

> I tested MSYS + MinGW-w64 with GCC 4.9.2 and both 32-bit and 64-bit
> versions build without issues.
> MSVC 2013 Community version builds 32-bit and 64-bit release and debug
> versions without trouble. I don't have older Visual Studios installed
> but can make a virtual machine to test if lvqcl or someone else doesn't
> have any either.

MSVS Express 2005:  ok for 32-bit; 64-bit build is not supported.
MSVS Prof 2010 SP1: ok for 32-bit and 64-bit builds.
ICC 2013 SP1:       ok for 32-bit and 64-bit builds.

> I have one related suggestion. The Windows solution files should be
> renamed. Right now the old solution file that one is supposed to use on
> old MSVC versions is called FLAC.sln and the new one is called
> FLAC-vs2010.sln. I'd like the main file FLAC.sln to be the one that
> works with all the latest Visual Studios and the old legacy format one
> be called FLAC-vs2005.sln.

+1.
At least the old solution should be renamed from FLAC.sln to FLAC-vs2005.sln.
Otherwise those who use MSVS 2012/2013 may think that they should use FLAC.sln
instead of the newer FLAC-vs2010.sln.

(the old solution is for MSVS 2005 and 2008, the new solution is for
MSVS 2010 and newer: 2012, 2013, ...)