[flac-dev] Bug: incompatibility with MSVS 2005

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Sun May 4 06:33:34 PDT 2014

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> That's odd. I just tried, but I'm not having any trouble
> building FLAC on MSVC 2005. Could it be stdint.h is provided by
> a platform SDK?

I have "Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK" installed:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15656
"Date Published: 5/2/2005", so it's about as old as MSVS 2005.
It doesn't contain stdint.h. Or at least I can't find it anywhere...

I suspect that you have newer "Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4":
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8442

> In that case, this doesn't really break compatibility, I
> remember a platform SDK was necessary to build FLAC with MSVC
> 2005 anyway.

AFAIK Platform SDK is only necessary for MSVS 2005/2008/2010 Express Edition;
Pro/Premium/Ultimate editions didn't require it so far.