[flac-dev] FLAC utilities for Monkey's Audio GUI: useful?

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Fri May 2 08:44:50 PDT 2014

FLAC solution for MSVS contains two projects: flac_mac and flac_ren.
They are intended to work together with Monkey's Audio GUI frontend
( http://www.monkeysaudio.com/images/screenshot.png ) as explained here:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20060428142919/http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#monkey

Version 4.01b2 (February 17, 2006) still have out-of-box support for WavPack.
Version 4.06 (March 17, 2009) doesn't have out-of-box support for 3rd-party
codecs; I cannot find versions 4.02-4.05.

The commit http://git.xiph.org/?p=flac.git;a=commit;h=34cc68f24abfab632ed211237a52aaa61270234a
(22 Dec 2006) removes any mention about flac_mac.exe and flac_ren.exe
 from english html documentation. Russian docs were removed in 2013 as
very outdated.

I also suspect that Monkey's Audio GUI frontend isn't a very popular tool
these days. So I propose to remove flac_mac and flac_ren from the sources
because they became useless; just as in_flac was removed some time ago.