[flac-dev] Performance checks

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 07:19:59 PST 2014

Hi all,

I once more did a performance check on the latest git. The
binaries in this new test have been compiled with GCC 4.8.1 on
Ubuntu 13.10. The CPU is a Intel Core 2 Duo T9600.

http://www.icer.nl/misc_stuff/FLAC-1.3.0-versus-git-15e28a4.pdf

It seems the last few patches by lvqcl made quite a difference:
when I ran these tests half a month ago, there were some
regressions in decoding speed which have been fixed now. There
are small speedups for encoding.

I've ran tests on ARM as well, not with the latests git because
it takes quite some time (a few days) to run them.

http://www.icer.nl/misc_stuff/FLAC-1.3.0-versus-git-4be8ed-on-RbPi-ARM.pdf