[flac-dev] FIxed rest of cast-align warnings

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Jun 29 13:58:03 PDT 2014

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> op 29-06-14 15:31, Erik de Castro Lopo schreef:
> > I would appreciate it if people could kick this around, test on other
> > platforms/architectures and test for performance regressions.
>
> These patches indeed fix the -Wcast-align warnings, but the new
> MD5 tests fail
>
> > +++ libFLAC unit test: md5
> >
> > testing FLAC__MD5Init ... OK
> > testing that FLAC__MD5Final clears the MD5Context ... OK
> > testing FLAC__MD5Accumulate (channels=1, bytes_per_sample=1) ...
> > FAILED, expected MD5 sum b2bb8775b7d5bf59c36c8637293a4602 but
> > got 419123315a22592e3170b67d0aa26916
>
> However, using the binary on actual FLAC files (with flac -t)
> doesn't give any errors of mismatching md5 sums, so maybe the
> problem is in the test itself?

Possibly. I will investigate. Fortunately, I got the same
error in my QEMU armhf chroot, but I didn't trust QEMU.

> ARM is big endian IIRC, maybe that could be the cause?

ARM is actully bi-endian. The endian-ness is often configured
by an external pin on the chip but some systems can swap
endian-nesses at run time by updating a register but obviously
this is not something we need to support. We just need to support
whatever endian-ness is detected at configure time.

Erik