[flac-dev] Lets work towards a new version

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri Jun 27 04:35:34 PDT 2014

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> op 27-06-14 12:26, Erik de Castro Lopo schreef:
>
> > Does the test suite pass after you have compiled it?
>
> Yes, it does. At least, make check does (with ./configure
> --disable-thorough-tests, as the thorough tests take more than a
> day on that ARM platform), make fullcheck is broken because of
> recent changes to the ReplayGain calculations, but that doesn't
> have anything to do with this platform.

This suggests that the cast-align warning is warning that some ARM
CPUs can't do un-aligned access, but the one you have can.

I'm having a look at this issue. I can recreate the compiler warning
by compiling in an armhf chroot. The problem in src/flac/decoder.c
is probably easily fixable with the use of a union. The problem in
src/libFLAC/md5.c is much less easily fixable. I'll see what I
can do.

Erik