[flac-dev] Include directories

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Jun 19 23:35:12 PDT 2014

Hi Evan,

Thanks for this. A couple of minor niggles.

Evan Ramos wrote:

> Speaking of the Makefile.lite build system, the attached patch will
> update it to reflect changes to the FLAC project since my last patch
> in 2012 and add other important tweaks:
> * Account for the updates to UTF-8 on Windows.

One of these updates, added an "#ifdef _WIN32" to the file
src/share/win_utf8_io/win_utf8_io.c. Is this really necessary? Is
it not possible to just not include that file when not compiling
for windows?

> * Add Makefile variables CCFLAGS and CCCFLAGS to specify gcc-only and
> g++-only flags, respectively. This was done to eliminate the following
> warnings, which were repeated for every g++ invocation:
> >cc1plus.exe: warning: command line option '-Wmissing-prototypes' is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++ [enabled by default]
> >cc1plus.exe: warning: command line option '-Wstrict-prototypes' is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++ [enabled by default]

Those Makefile variables are somewhat non-standard. Is there any
reason you chose CCFLACGS and CCCFLAGS instead of the more usual
CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS?

> I also encountered the error lvqcl identified involving MinGW and
> float_t. It was caused by commit
> b4f7528e9a267cf7a8f03827429008cb994e1bb7. I was able to fix it on my
> end by removing the following line:
> typedef float   float_t;         /* Type used for filtering */

I'm still trying to decide on the right fix for that issue.

I would appreciate it if you could update you patch to address
the issues I raised above.

Cheers,
Erik