[flac-dev] Typos in the FLAC codebase

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 10:48:52 PDT 2014

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>> 3) configure.ac, line 140: 'AM_CONDITIONAL(FLAC__CPU_X86_64, test "x$cpu_x86_64" = xtrue)'
>>
>> Not sure about this, but other names inside AM_CONDITIONALs begin with FLaC__,
>> not FLAC__. A quote from configure.ac: "NOTE that for many of the AM_CONDITIONALs
>> we use the prefix FLaC__ instead of FLAC__ since autoconf triggers off 'AC_' in strings".
>
> I this was was a bug in and earlier version of autoconf, but I fixed
> it anyway, just for the sake of uniformity.

IMHO for the sake of uniformity it's better to revert this commit
http://git.xiph.org/?p=flac.git;a=commit;h=151739921b74fbf31420358a5fbeb094efa017ed
because before it there was only one place of non-uniformity: line 140
in configure.ac, now there are several .c and .h files with all-caps
FLAC__*** (FLAC__CPU_IA32, FLAC__HAS_NASM, FLaC__HAS_OGG) and suddenly
FLaC__CPU_X86_64.