[flac-dev] 1.21 vs 1.3 encoding speed

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 13:44:24 PDT 2014

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Wow, I didn't even know that was there.
>
> I have now replaced the above with:
>
>     CFLAGS="-O3 -funroll-loops -Wall -W -Winline $CFLAGS"
>
> so CFLAGS are preserved and enforce optimisations.

I just built FLAC and noticed that the size of flac.exe is noticeably bigger,
so I compared the generated Makefiles before ang after this change.

The difference is: "-g -O2" options were added to CFLAGS.

before:
CFLAGS = -O3 -funroll-loops -Wall -W -Winline -Wall -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Waggregate-return -Wcast-align -Wnested-externs -Wshadow -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wunreachable-code  -Wdeclaration-after-statement -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -msse2 -Wextra

after:
CFLAGS = -O3 -funroll-loops -Wall -W -Winline -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Waggregate-return -Wcast-align -Wnested-externs -Wshadow -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wunreachable-code  -Wdeclaration-after-statement -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -msse2 -Wextra