[flac-dev] For what FLAC subset was introduced?

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:23:59 PDT 2014

op 02-07-14 17:35, Барт Гопник schreef:
> Anybody read it?

As far as I know, there is no list that keeps track of devices
that only play subset files. That's because there are quite a
few ways to be non-subset. My portable audio player starts to
stutter mildly when files have LPC blocks with a order larger
than 12, but I'm not sure it will play files with very large
blocksizes or unusual samplerates at all.

So, there are (hardware) players that do not play non-subset
files. I don't know about software.