[flac-dev] Windows linking problems

Brendan Bolles brendan at fnordware.com
Wed Jan 8 14:41:04 PST 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Was that a problem in the vcproj files shipped with FLAC or your own
> personal ones? If it was for the ones shipped with FLAC would you be able
> to provide a patch or even  description of the changes required so that
> someone on this list can generate a patch?

It was the project that came with FLAC.  Might not be considered a problem, just a slightly non-standard configuration.

In the Visual Studio project properties, under C/C++ > Code Generation is the Runtime Library setting.  I think linking to "Multi-threaded DLL" is more standard than just "Multi-threaded" which would copy the Windows libraries into the thing you're building.

As I've found on other platforms too, linking errors often don't produce messages that are very helpful toward figuring out what's going wrong.

Brendan