[flac-dev] Windows linking problems

Brendan Bolles brendan at fnordware.com
Tue Jan 7 09:48:08 PST 2014

On Jan 7, 2014, at 3:12 AM, lvqcl wrote:

> It looks like the linker cannot find libFLAC_static.lib and libFLAC++_static.lib.
> By default FLAC moves them to objs/release/lib/ (or objs/debug/lib/) folder.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's it.  Visual Studio gives me a specific error when it can't find a certain library file.

I think these are the errors you get when a library has been built, but symbols needed by your main binary aren't there, like if you forgot to include a certain source file.  Although in this case, it appears that all the symbols are missing.

The .lib that's produced is not small, so all the code appears to be in there.  It just must be using a calling convention or something that doesn't agree with the plug-in I'm trying to build.

Brendan